Link dump

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Presidential election-2

Who wants be next president of Iran?
They are 2 main group, conservatives who have at least 6 candidates and reformists who have 2 candidates and I’ll try write more about them in next days but what I want to write about is that many people in Iran wants be a president so in registration for candidates there is a long queue from people who wants register and you must not surprised when found your classmate register for being a president.
I know that in a democratic system every citizen have right to candidate him/herself and ask people for vetoing to her/him. But when a baker or butcher wants be president you will be agree with me that again another ring lost.

1 comment:

Darnell Clayton said...

Should be an interesting election. Keep us posted on the details my friend!

PS

Are the conservatives here supporters of theocracy (or along the lines thereof) and the reformers democracy (with all the freedoms that come with it)?